If you're looking for ways to get involved, network with other MBA students, and participate in leadership opportunities, the Illinois MBA program has a variety of student organizations from which to choose. Each group sponsors events, ranging from panel discussions to conferences to fundraisers. Participation in these organizations is a valuable part of the MBA experience.
The Illinois MBA Association is a student-elected board that organizes and facilitates highly valuable professional development and social events. The goal of these events is to ensure the membership body has the greatest opportunities to apply the technical, professional, and networking skills learned in the classroom in real world settings. The MBAA schedules events with broad appeal to the entire membership body and the eight clubs that currently fall under the MBAA schedule events that cater to their specific missions and goals. The eight clubs within the MBAA currently are: Diversity Association, Women in Business, Service Association, Operations & Technology Management Association, Graduate Marketing Association, Graduate Finance Association, Military Veterans Association, and Net Impact. The MBAA also provides an efficient communication link between the Illinois MBA program administration and the MBAA membership body.
Provides opportunities for students to expand their knowledge of the field.
The leading resource for students interested in the field of finance.
Provides a platform for women to inspire one another and make lasting connections.
Created to raise funds for local causes, including: education, poverty, and healthcare, amongst others in the community.
Created to inspire students to tackle social and environmental issues in their business careers.
Created to cultivate cultural sensitivity, in both professionals and social spheres, among Illinois MBA students.
Created to assist Illinois MBA Veterans in the transition to MBA student, in addition to volunteering in the community.
President: Carl Gilbertsen
- Lead and manage MBAA operations
- Serve as primary contact with students, faculty, committees and clubs
- Identify and execute opportunities within the Illinois MBA program
- Coordinate with MBAA officers to enact initiatives and implement goals
- Conduct MBAA board meetings
VP of Alumni Relations: Volkan Yilmaz
- Serve as liaison to alumni concerning alumni/student interaction
- Represent the MBAA to alumni at programs and events
- Coordinate MBAAâ€™s participation in the annual Alumni Banquet
- Support the College of Business Mentor Program
- Link the MBAA clubs to alumni in their area of interest
VP of Communications: Rachael Klieman
- Manage and administer all communications for the MBAA and associated clubs
- Design and administer surveys to students
- Create and manage event invitations
- Maintain and manage current MBAA communication channels, such as website, newsletters, and Facebook page Research application and effectiveness of additional communication channels
VP of Finance: Mike Dvorak
- Manage and maintain budget and funds for MBAA and affiliated clubs
- Report MBAA financial position on regular basis
- Collect MBAA membership dues and event fees
- Manage IRS activities and maintain non-profit status
VP of Programs: Mianjo Njoka
- Serve as liaison to MBAA supported clubs
- Ensure appropriate club activity and involvement
- Maintain MBAA and affiliated club rosters
- Coordinate sponsorship of MBAA tailgates
- Organize MBAA luncheons and student/faculty happy hours
VP of Social Planning: Ibrahim Saeed
- Organize diverse social events appealing to all MBAA members
- Develop budget for planned events and activities
- Maintain contact list and relationships with vendors and venues
- Coordinate with other campus groups to arrange joint events and activities
Carl Gilbertsen, President: firstname.lastname@example.org
Volkan Yilmaz, VP of Alumni Relations: email@example.com
Rachael Klieman, VP of Communications: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mike Dvorak, VP of Finance: email@example.com
Mianjo Njoka, VP of Programs: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ibrahim Saeed, VP of Social Planning: email@example.com